Thursday, 7 August 2014

NYC Summer of '69

You know how I love old pictures, but old pictures from NYC is what I love even more! Now and then I post pictures which I think are interesting taken in the early beginning of 1900. But what about the other eras? Today I want to share with you some pictures take in the tropical hot summer of 1969 (Hello Bryan Adams) in NYC published by Life magazine. The year that the Woodstock Festival was organised. The Style from those years is interesting and I see a lot of fashion items that came back into fashion. Think of the jeans with wide trousers which I, at one point, wore every day. And what to think of the chain belts. It is also remarkable to think that in this time there were no cellphones, wifi and instagram, how awesome! (Although I admit, it is pretty useful to have, but hey, these people survived without tweeting and vlogging). I hope you enjoy this post, have a great day! 








(Pictures from BuzzFeed) 

You would also like:

 

4 comments:

  1. Great review sweetheart...Thx for sharing..:-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hiii love

    i admire your style so muchh!!!!!!! love your outfits!

    they are so special! especially the one with theh followers!

    i would love to stay in touch with you!! would you like to pay
    a visit on my blog?

    greetings and love
    vicky

    http://www.fashionrailways.com

    ReplyDelete